Holistic Cancer Treatment in Connection with Swiss Hospitals and Healthcare
INTEGRATIVE AND HOLISTIC TREATMENT
Regardless of the type or stage, finding out that you have cancer is one of the most frightening experiences a person can have. It is exhausting navigating the next steps and treatment options, not to mention the stress that comes with trying to optimise your diet and routine as quickly as possible. It is even more challenging trying to cope with the side-effects of treatment and still keep a ‘fighters’ mentality.
At Paracelsus Recovery, we can handle some of that additional pain and stress for you. We work in conjunction with all hospitals in Zurich, so you can undergo medical treatment and let us support you with the rest. Although our integrative medicine and alternative care cannot cure your cancer, they can provide relief from the symptoms and help you process the psychological side effects.
Our treatment programme will help restore your base-level health to an optimal level, which improves your quality of life and helps conventional cancer treatment work more effectively.
Get Optimal Health
Like all our other treatment programmes, we will conduct an elaborate testing procedure and create a tailored-to-you treatment plan to tackle your specific issues. Our 360-degree consultation process includes numerous disciplines and points of view (medical, orthomolecular, psychological, TCM, physiotherapy and osteopathy, amongst others).
We only ever treat one client at any time to ensure we can provide unparalleled confidentiality and care. It also means that you will have a team of over 20 doctors, psychotherapists, and specialists focused solely on your health and wellbeing.
Physical Health Restoration
- Recent studies show that cancer is primarily a metabolic disease with disturbances in energy production through respiration. We provide oxygen and oxidative therapies such as IHHT (Intermittent Hyperoxia-Hypoxia-Training) to help boost mitochondrial function and support the elimination of toxic debris.
- Cancer is also linked to immune system deficiencies. We provide nutritional supplements and meals to replenish any lab-identified depletion of immune-supporting issues.
- Detoxification is vital in your body’s fight against cancer. We provide laboratory testing to evaluate the levels of chemical toxins in your body and then locate their source. For example, we will detect and eliminate food or environmental allergies. We will also restore the natural flora in your gut and bowel via intestinal detox and pre/probiotics.
- Restoring healing massages and other body therapies (e.g. acupuncture) to help restore your energy flow and decrease stress levels.
- The schedule also contains regular sleep and rest times, which allows your body to reactivate its own healing system.
Mental Health Restoration
- Near-death experiences can be traumatic, and regardless of the stage, cancer will always confront us with our own mortality. Trauma can heighten our stress levels which in turn can increase the spread of cancerous cells.
- A specialized psychotherapist will help you process any mental health issues or traumas that you are experiencing as a direct result of your cancer diagnosis.
- A live-in therapist will be available to provide you with 24/7 emotional support.
- Yoga, mindfulness, breathwork, and wellbeing counselling will also be crucial aspects of your treatment plan.
Your Treatment Programme Will Include (Amongst Other Tailored-to-You Components):
- We treat clients using an individualised formula of nutritional supplements and IV solutions based on comprehensive laboratory testing where we literally aim to 'restore' what is missing. Supplements and IVs may include vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other substances.
- We use functional medicine to help restore your health and facilitate your body's natural healing process.
- Bioresonance treatment is also provided. During bio-resonance, our trained physician places two electrodes on your skin which are connected to a specialised machine. These electrodes will scan the body's energy wavelengths, identify any imbalances or issues, and restore your electromagnetic frequency to its optimal state.
What is Integrative Medicine?
Integrative medicine is a holistic medical discipline that considers ill-health as a sign of internal imbalances. As such, the physician aims to treat the whole person instead of focusing on the localised disease. We take your mind, body and soul into account which means we look at your physical, psychological, emotional, genetic, cellular, and environmental health to promote healing and wellbeing.
Integrative medicine treatments usually include a combination of conventional western medicines and modalities such as acupuncture, yoga, or massage
In practice, integrative medicine is a philosophical approach to healthcare employed by functional medicine practitioners, who then apply it to a systems-oriented model. Numerous scientific studies show that integrative and functional medicine are effective complementary aids in your cancer treatment journey because they decrease side effects and help you feel more at ease. In both cases, the fundamental goal is to treat the whole individual, not the disease.
Functional medicine focuses on the root cause of a disease rather than the symptoms. For example, functional medicine practitioners try to understand the relationship between environmental, genetic, historical and lifestyle factors that can lead to chronic disease or ill-health.
There are numerous scientifically backed complementary therapies that can help you fight back against cancer cells. These include aromatherapy, herbal medicines, yoga, biofeedback, biochemical restoration, acupuncture, massage therapy, yoga, mindfulness, tai chi and qigong, nutrition supplementation, physical activity, and others.
No foods can 100% protect you against cancer or reduce already-existing cancer. However, some foods do have potent anti-cancer properties. These include apples, berries, cruciferous vegetables, carrots, fatty fish, garlic, walnuts, legumes, and supplements (e.g., Vitamins A, C and E). Always speak to your doctor before starting a new supplement regimen.
Firstly, not all stress is bad. Acute stress, like the type you feel before giving a job interview, tends to subside as soon as the event passes and does no harm. However, chronic stress weakens our immune system, which makes us more vulnerable to developing cancer cells.
For example, chronic-stress hormones can inhibit a process called anoikis, which kills diseased cells and prevents them from spreading. Chronic stress also increases the production of certain growth factors in our blood supply which speeds up the development of cancerous tumours.
There are numerous lifestyle changes you can make to help your body fight back against cancer. While they cannot kill the cancer, eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, sipping green tea throughout the day and quitting smoking or drinking can help.