Exclusive burnout treatment centre
At Paracelsus Recovery, we create individualised burnout treatment programmes that suit your specific needs and respect your ongoing responsibilities. We provide a 360-degree treatment method, focused on rebalancing the brain’s and body’s biochemistry, establishing sound coping mechanisms for stress, and restoring vitality with a focus on nutrition, gut health and other medical issues.
We use three effective focus points to treat burnout
- restore the biochemistry of the brain and body to re-establish the ability to deal with stress effectively. This promotes vitality, relaxation and a sense of emotional and physical wellbeing.
- We help reduce stress levels through counselling and psychotherapy alongside a range of complementary therapies such as yoga, physical exercise, reflexology, massage and meditation. A live-in therapist will also stay in the same residence and be available for 24/7 support.
- Our goal is to provide you with tools and techniques to cope with stress going forward as well as recommendations for adapting your lifestyle. At the end of treatment, you will feel more relaxed and revitalised as well as be prepared mentally and physically to cope with stress in a more healthy and productive manner.
360-Degree Treatment Approach — The most extensive and comprehensive treatment worldwide
and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Symptoms of burnout include
- Frequent minor illnesses and a weakened immune system.
- Withdrawing from responsibilities.
- Using food, drugs or alcohol to cope.
- Withdrawing from loved ones and spending more time alone.
- Procrastinating or taking much longer to get things done.
- Headaches or muscle pain.
- Insomnia coupled with exhaustion (feeling tired-but-wired).
- Decreased sexual desire.
- Cynicism and irritability.
- A sense of failure, self-doubt or loneliness.
A full-blown burnout and its subsequent side effects which can affect health, success and wealth can be prevented by recognising the early warning signs and taking appropriate action. The aim is to learn how to live a healthier and happier life with a long-term focus on a sustainable work-life balance.
At Paracelsus Recovery, we focus on providing you with the physical and psychological tools needed to cope with this stress in a healthy and non-destructive manner. Our psychotherapeutic team will help you return to your optimum health and provide you with the skills needed to stay more balanced in day-to-day life.
A person becomes ‘burnt out’ when they are under constant stress for an extended period of time. When this happens, the person enters a state of complete physical, mental and emotional exhaustion. Burnout will weaken the immune system, cause sleep problems and can incite feelings of helplessness, numbness and disillusionment. If left untreated, burnout can also lead to a host of other conditions such as high blood pressure, heart attack, substance abuse issues, anxiety or depression.
Burnout is a work-related condition, often referred to as ‘executive burnout.’ Executive burnout is a common issue in wealthy high achievers and C‑Suite executives who have trouble admitting that they need to slow down. Most successful business owners, executives or those in the public eye have an unbalanced work-life ratio and an extensive list of responsibilities. They are in action mode all the time which increases the likelihood of becoming burnt out.
Working in a high-pressure environment, feeling like there is little control over the work, lack of time for loved ones and too many responsibilities can all contribute to the development of burnout. Personality traits such as perfectionism, a pessimistic perspective, control issues, low self-esteem and high-achieving Type‑A personalities can also make a person more likely to become burnt out.
We accept clients for residential treatment for a minimum of four weeks although many stay for longer depending on individual circumstances. If undertaking a month-long treatment programme is not viable, we also provide a 7 to 10-day Executive Detox Programme that helps clients restore their physical and psychological health. You can learn more about our Executive Detox Programme here.
Stress can make a person lose sleep and feel on high alert whereas burnout is a state of complete exhaustion. Think of burnout as the accumulation of unprocessed stress over an extended period of time. It is at the far end of the ‘stress’ spectrum. For example, a person who is stressed may have trouble concentrating on the task at hand, whereas a person who is burnt out will struggle to even begin it.
Our burnout treatment programmes begin with an extensive medical check-up and assessment. We will identify any physical or underlying psychiatric issues or emotional problems that have led to the build-up of stress, causing and contributing to burnout. With this information, we will then tailor-make a treatment programme that focuses on psychiatry, psychotherapy, biochemical restoration and therapies including massage and yoga to de-stress your body and mind.
Our 7 to 10-day Executive Detox Programme is a bespoke treatment programme that will repair any damage to the body and mind caused by excessive stress or substance abuse. The programme begins with a detailed assessment to identify all physical and psychological health issues. We then treat these issues using techniques such as biochemical restoration, infusion treatments, nutritional supplements and nutritional counselling. We will also provide psychoeducational sessions to help you cultivate healthier coping mechanisms for dealing with stress.
Burnout can make a person feel isolated and exhausted and in some cases, this can lead to substance abuse in order to feel happy or more ‘normal.’ At Paracelsus Recovery, we will always address any co-occurring mental health conditions as well as the presenting problem.