Residential treatment and rehab for eating disorders
At Paracelsus Recovery, we have extensive experience in successfully treating eating disorders. Eating disorders are complex because they are not all about food. Instead, an eating disorder involves a number of related issues stemming from physical, psychological and neurobiological roots. Our treatment programmes are uniquely designed to identify and treat each of these underlying factors.
One Client at a Time
Unparalleled staff to patient ratio of 15:1
Eating disorder treatment
Eating disorders are complex mental health conditions that involve a number of related problems including obsessive behaviour and a distorted self-image. A person’s unhealthy relationship with food can become a coping mechanism for painful emotions, life events, traumas, stress or numerous other challenges that they feel are out of their control. Unless the underlying issues that lead to the eating disorder are addressed, treatment will not be successful.
At Paracelsus Recovery, we provide comprehensive, exclusive and individualised eating disorder treatment. Treating one client at a time, we address both the physical and psychological symptoms. We will repair the damage done to the body and equally importantly, tackle the underlying issues that led to the eating disorder in the first place.
Our residential eating disorder programme will normally last for four to eight weeks. It is designed to help you develop a healthy relationship with food as well as identify and manage any triggers that led to the eating disorder. Different therapeutic approaches increase self-awareness, heal shame and guilt and increase self-esteem.
Eating disorders are one of the most challenging mental health conditions to treat and most people with eating disorders don’t recover without help. The goal of our treatment programme is to help you find a way of eating and living that does not involve self-destructive behaviour. To achieve this goal, we will address the symptoms of your eating disorder and provide the tools needed to regain control over your eating habits. We also recommend ongoing aftercare to support long-term recovery.
360-Degree Treatment Approach - The most extensive and comprehensive treatment worldwide
and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Eating disorder rehabilitation
- Our first step is to conduct a thorough 360-degree assessment which includes a psychiatric evaluation to identify any co-occurring mental health conditions, a comprehensive physical and medical check-up and a functional medical assessment. Once we have completed these tests, we will create a unique treatment programme that can restore your health on a physical, psychological and social level.
- During treatment, we provide numerous hours of specialised psychotherapy utilising a range of therapeutic techniques to address your specific emotional difficulties. For example, eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR) and cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) are effective treatments for eating disorders so we often incorporate these into the treatment plans to create positive changes in your thinking patterns and beliefs.
- You will be assigned a live-in therapist who will stay in the same residence as you and be available 24/7 for support and guidance.
- Anyone with an eating disorder will lack essential nutrients, which leads to increased cravings, fatigue and a weakened immune system. We provide expert nutritional and lifestyle counselling to address these issues and restore your health.
- We will also provide in-depth biochemical restoration to restore essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals and all other essential nutrients the body requires.
- We provide extensive complementary therapies including yoga, massage and acupuncture.
- Whenever appropriate, we will provide joint family psychoeducation during treatment as family dynamics can play a key role in the development of an eating disorder. Once the treatment programme is complete, we can implement an extensive aftercare plan.
We can provide treatment for eating disorders in our clinic in Zurich and in London.